Here are some things you can do to help get the GMOs out of our food:
- Find out About GMOs.
If you are uneasy about what you discover:
- Tell your friends and family what you learned.
- Avoid buying GMO food and write to food manufacturers to tell them why you’re switching brands.
- Write to supermarkets and restaurants you patronize to tell them this issue is important to you. Ask them to provide more GMO-free options.
- Write to your representatives, at both the state and federal level, to tell them this issue is important to you. Ask them to support GMO labeling and regulation.
1. New York State Government site helps you find your state representatives and senators including email addresses.
2. Contact Cuomo at the Governor’s site.
3. Federal House of Representatives site – enter your zip code at the upper right.
4. Here are New York’s two U.S. Senators.
5. This is a petition to President Obama.
- Write to the FDA to tell them you want GMOs labeled. The Just Label It campaign makes it easy.
- Join Us: join the conversation on Facebook, come to a meeting, or leave a message below – it won’t show but we’ll get back to you. See what’s happening statewide at GMO-Free NY.